How do urinal bottles work? On the brink of an apocalypse (or even afterward), there will not be comfortable bathrooms to get by. You would need to improvise for you to be able to pee anywhere, anytime. Urinal bottles are your best bet. The question is: “How to use a urinal bottle properly?” Believe it or not, there is a proper way to do it.
When everything goes topsy-turvy, there is no other choice but to whip out your urinal use it. Aside from the fact that it is convenient to use, it is also sanitary. Rest assured, there will be no spillage if appropriately used. How to use a urinal bottle? Read on for basic knowledge about this essential convenient device.
Handheld urinals are generally portable devices people use when there is no access to the toilet. Urinals are designed for men and women, both of which are quite similar to one another. There are several things you need to know about a urinal bottle before being able to use them.
There are many types and brands of urinals available to both men and women. Some men, in a case to case basis, prefer to use female urinals. There are lots of variations to choose from, so you need to look carefully into each of them. Urinal bottles give people the liberty to manage toileting in a dignified and sanitary way anywhere.
Features of Urinal Bottles
Aside from being a great addition to your survival kit, urinal bottles also aid you in your daily life. A good handheld urinal bottle should require minimal physical effort on your part. It should also be easy to empty without any spillage.
Several features are common to male and female versions of handheld urinals. Here are some of the features:
- Disposable Urinals -- Some urinals are made of cardboard for the user to dispose of quickly.
- Reusable Urinals -- Most urinals are made of plastic, and rarely metal so that you can reuse it.
- Usable for different postures – Some urinals are better when used standing, others when sitting.
- Varied Designs -- Urinals vary when it comes to colors, sizes, and shapes.
- Lid or non-spill devices – These features help in preventing spillage during and even after use.
- Handles – All urinals have handles. This is designed to assist the user with the positioning and grip.
- Travel Urinals – Most urinals are small, collapsible, and can easily fit inside a small bag or your pocket.
- Drainage Bag Attachment – Most of the time, urinals may be attached to a drainage bag. This is to increase its functional capacity. The drainage bag is especially helpful when you are currently unable to empty the urinal at night.
- Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) – This is arguably an essential feature of a urinal bottle. Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) is placed in a urinal to soak up the urine and reduce the risk of leaks or spills from the urinal. You can quickly dispose of these sachets like regular rubbish.
How To Use A Urinal Bottle FAQs
What is the most effective way of using a urinal bottle?
You can try and practice by placing and urinal to the right place without the need to remove clothing. Try urinating in a urinal that you think is suitable for you. This is the best way to find out which urinal best suits your needs. You may also make some tiny alterations to your clothes, such as replacing your zipper with Velcro. That way, you can pee more quickly when needed.
How do I clean these urinals?
Remember that only reusable urinals may be cleaned. You may wash reusable urinals with soap and water. An anti-bacterial spray is also recommended to disinfect the whole thing. However, if there are specific instructions by the product’s manufacturer, then you should follow those requirements.
What must be done to a disposable urinal?
These disposable urinals are made of cardboard. Hence, they are only for single use. After use, they should be emptied immediately after wrapping with paper. You should throw this in a place where clinical wastes are supposed to be thrown. In hospitals where disposable urinals are widely used, they use a macerator.
Where can I buy handheld urinals?
The price and the place where you can buy these urinals vary from country to country. It may also vary on the design of the handheld urinal, which means that it is not possible to provide an actual price range for these products.
Five Best Portable Urinals
Here are some of the best urinal models based on customer reviews. You might want to check them out and see if they suit your needs. There are more brands and products in the market, and these are just five of them.
- YUMSUM 2000ML Male Urinal Portable
- Landteek Female Urination Device Travel Camping Outdoor
- DMI Portable Male Urinal Bottle With Snap-On Lid, Plastic
- Unisex Portable Urinal
- YUMSUM Men’s 2000ML Portable Potty Pee Bottle Male Urin
Why do to know how to use a urinal bottle? The answer is simple. It is for our good. When everything goes wrong, and disaster strikes, peeing in a comfort room will not be an option. Also, one cannot simply do his or her business anywhere. Diseases such as typhoid, hepatitis, polio, and cholera often stem from poor sanitary conditions. A urinal bottle is the most convenient way to go in the most challenging scenarios. You can purchase these urinal bottles everywhere nowadays. Make sure that you are packed and prepared for everything. Be detail-oriented, even if that means being meticulous about the urinal bottle you are about to include in your survival backpack. Get more tips on urinal containers.